Friday, October 22, 2010

What I've Learned This Week | personal

I've got a couple new things I'm going to be doing on the blog here soon.  One of them is this post.  Every Friday I'm going to write a post about what I have learned about photography and life in general.  It's mostly for me to start keeping track (I kind of wish I would have started this sooner) but it's also for others. Maybe somebody else can learn from something I've learned, who knows?

So here goes for week one ...

Photography related -
*Remember to stop down (change aperture to a higher number) when photographing more than two people.  Out of focus eyeballs on one person while everyone else is in focus drives me nuts!
*Tree shade is not always my friend, even when it's dense.  Pay extra close attention to possible light spots on faces and arms.
*CreativeLive is hosting another learning event coming soon and I'm pretty excited about it!
*There are many other photographers out there who are at my level but it's rare that we put ourselves out there on the internet like that, so I'm going to ... just to be different.
*I've had the chance to meet a few amazing photographers this week!
*I'm going to a Dave Ramsey seminar on November 5.  I'm pretty excited about that as well!

Life in general -
*P90X and I have a love/hate relationship but I will soon have that P90X butt I've been dreaming about! "Get rid of all that goo!" as Tony says.
*I inherited a super amazing and wonderful cousin through my husband.  Ok...so I've known this one for quite some time, but I felt like it needed extra recognition again this week. =)
*Grandma Kaye put money towards Gracey's lunch money. Twice now.  And I am so very thankful to her for that!  Mom Swatts, if you are reading this ... THANK YOU!
*Me and store-bought Halloween costumes do not get along.  At all.
*No softball for Gracey this weekend.  We are disappointed, but it's actually a nice little break.  Next game is Tuesday!
*Brandon made a sweet tackle at his football game last night!  Undefeated!  Woohoo!
*I wish so much that I could have been with Sarah for her birthday this week.  Love you bunches, sweetie!
*I still miss my mom.  A. LOT.  But I know she's been proud of me and I can feel her with me every day helping me reach my goals.  I love you forever, mom.

Gracey went to her first ballet this week.  It was the 2nd grade field trip.  I wish that I could have gone with her but there wasn't enough room for parents to tag along.  She said she had a lot of fun.  I'm glad!





So, all-in-all it was not too bad of a week.  I'm actually pretty tired from all that learning but I sure am looking forward to our annual Halloween party tomorrow night, store-bought costume and all!

Have a great weekend everyone!



5 comments:

  1. oh, jess ... i love you.

    and shut the back door ... that can't be gracey. i know it is ... but sheesh. she needs to stop growing. or slow down a bit. i showed brian her picture and his eyeballs just about popped out of their sockets :) . i adore her outfit, though. love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is gracie riding the bus now???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy: Love you always!
    Rachael, Yes, she is. We started the second week of school. I love it and she seems to really like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome.........I thought that I did it incognito - Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I kept asking Gracey why her lunch money wasn't running out because I knew it was about time and then she ended up telling me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete