Thursday, November 18, 2010

Regarding Interviews | rising stars

I've had some thoughts during this last month about the interviews I will be hosting here on my blog.  After the first Rising Stars interview with Damaris Mia, things changed a little bit in regards to what I'd like to see happen. 

My original intentions for the interviews were just basically to give others a chance to talk and tell the world who they are and where they are going, and then, the week after I posted Damaris's interview, I had another photographer contact me about the possibility of participating in an interview with me. As I replied to her, it became this big long message, and I was saying all these things that had never occurred to me before until that moment.  It was like something else came through me that was putting those words down.  I didn't end up sending that entire message to her because I realized it wasn't meant specifically for her but for myself and everyone else to read and know.

As I began to understand all of this on a conscious level, I felt this overwhelming feeling that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. That I'm on the right track.  I'm moving in the direction that was meant for me.

Actually, from the moment I realized that photography was my passion, what I wanted to do and be, I have had amazing things happen to me.

I am being guided on this journey.

I know it.

My intentions for the interviews are actually so much more than I even imagined.  And I want these interviews to be so much more.

So, for all of you who are interested in reading or participating in my interviews there is something I want you to know:
I'm not being selective on how far along you are with your business.  In fact, I think that every one of us has something to offer to the rest of the world.  Even if you don't know much about photography or the business yet, or even if you do, I bet that you know something that could benefit others about some thing in some way.

I have a strong belief that, in life, we should all try our best to love and help one another succeed.  So if you decide that you know enough about something ... anything ... that could you share to benefit someone else then it would only be fair that you are willing to follow up and answer questions about what you know to help others after we finish your interview.

A "pay it forward" kind of thing.

My reason behind this is simple.  I would love, love, love to help every person that I possibly can!  I want our interview to benefit you.  I want people to recognize you for who you are.

And I want you to recognize others for who they are as well.

As long as you feel like you do have something to offer, then please contact me about getting your interview set up!  And I am most certain that all of you have something to offer!

If you don't want to be interviewed but would like to ask questions or need help with something please send me an email!  I would love to help you in any way that I can!  ...

... Because that's who I am.  And it's who I want to be.

I do it for my mom, and for Him.

Love,
Jess




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it, Jess!! Keep moving toward who you want to be and what makes you, YOU!
    Paying it forward is so powerful!

    ReplyDelete