Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend Recap | personal

Well, I sure had a busy weekend!  An early morning softball game, a family portrait session, a studio portrait session, and a couple other gotta go do's.  Then a boudoir session, some puppy time and some quality chit chat time with Rachel on Sunday.  Whew!  I'm tired this morning!

Saturday morning began with waking up as early as possible to get ourselves ready and get Gracey to the softball field by 8:15am.  Her game was great!  The Luna-chicks won again even after loaning two of our players to the other team because they didn't have enough girls to play.

After her game I had to head straight to a family portrait session for one of my best friends.  We've been friends since high school and she has a 15 year old daughter (I still can't believe that sweet thing is that old already).  She's married to an almost perfect man (yes he gets deductions for turning my friend into a Gators fan), and is pregnant with a little boy who I can't wait to meet in February (maybe he'll have my birthday).  It was such gorgeous morning.  The weather was perfect and we got some really fabulous photos of them!  They were so sweet and treated me to lunch at Moe's.  Yum!  - Thank you again for that! -

When our lunch was all finished I headed on over to my sister's to meet up with one of her website clients, Wanda Novak.  (You may remember me talking about Wanda before when I was telling you how I designed her book quite a while back.)  Stephanie is making a gorgeous website for Wanda and they needed some studio portraits for the home page so I brought my lights over and got some fun and serious shots of Wanda.  She is such a character!  You just can't help but be captivated by her fun and unique ways.  Her book is being reprinted as a second, better, edition.  You can check out her website at Neversaycant.net.  It's still in the works but I've seen a preview of what's to come and it's wonderful!

I met up with Brian after Wanda's photos.  Gracey made plans to stay with a friend for the night.  We had a couple more things on the list of to-do's and then we called it a night around 11:30pm.

Sunday morning began with Brian making me the tastiest veggie omelet I've ever had!   - I guess he was watching some cooking show last weekend and got some great tips on how to make them perfect.  -  He sure learned quick because it was good!

After breakfast with my hubby I headed on over to Rachel's house because we had a boudoir session that afternoon.  I helped her get the finishing touches done on cleaning and played with her house guest a bit.  She's dog-sitting a teacup chihuahua, and this little dog is the cutest thing you've ever seen!  She has little white paws and a white tip on her tail while the rest of her is a light brown.  Her name is Bambi, and I can see why... she looks just like a little deer!

It was another amazing session that afternoon followed with some nice chit-chat and catching up with Rachel.  By the time I got home I had enough time to eat some dinner and head to bed.

Whew!  What a weekend!  It was long and tiring but fun and rewarding at the same time!

Here's a photo of that cute puppy I was telling you about:


Isn't she precious? !!!

More stuff to do next weekend.  October is proving to be just as busy as September!  

Halloween party next week...anybody have some cool costume ideas for me?  I'm really out of ideas ...


1 comment: